This article pertains to our native iOS and Android apps. Web app users should expect to have a reliable Internet connection prior to use.
Pocket Prep's mobile apps were designed to work, for the most part, without the need for Internet connectivity. We understand the importance of studying in places where a robust Internet connection just isn't an option.
Aspects of the app that DO require Internet:
- Creating or modifying your account/login credentials
- Upgrading the app to from free to premium (in-app purchase)
- Communicating with our support team via the Message Center
- Downloading content updates (done automatically)
- Contacting or browsing available tutors
- Syncing exam data to the cloud for use on other platforms
All other aspects of the app (QOTD, Exam Builder, Past Exam Metrics, etc.) will work just fine without Internet. If you run into any trouble while using the app offline, try force-closing the app or restarting your device.
Pro tip: If you know you're going to be offline for an extended period of time, such as a long flight, make sure you've already upgraded and set up your account before hitting that airplane mode button! ✈️